SURF & SOUL


Vintage shirt, shorts, and cuff and Stacey Adams shoes

Thought I'd try to squeeze in one last summer themed post while it was still August. Although, and anyone else from Orange County knows & would say the same, that 90 degree weather rears its ugly head round these parts throughout September. These shorts were my dads; it's hard for me to translate my inspiration from surf music into my clothes that's not in Hawaiian shirt form (not my style), but I feel like these shorts do the job.

My "Gotta Have Sax Drive Shirt" always reminds me of something someone might wear on Soul Train. I love watching old episodes and clips of Soul Train or any other 70s dance shows. The dance lines on Soul Train are way cooler than any runway show today, and the soundtrack just makes it even better.











Calfskin cuff I got at a flea market a while back. Perfect finishing Western-esque touch or vomit enducing factor to any outfit.


-Cruz