ON HIGHWAY 395

Every year my family and I go camping in Tioga Pass, just outside of the eastern entrance to Yosemite National Park. To me, the Sierras are the most beautiful place in the world. On the way, you go through the Mojave desert and the 395 Highway. I've always been profoundly inspired by the landscape and the sun-beaten towns you pass through along the way. A hobby of mine is collecting shirts from those towns and other paraphernalia, so I thought I'd style some looks inspired by some photos I snapped this time around. I didn't go nuts taking pictures on my trip, since my camera's not the best, but I think some of the pictures I got are really cool.


L E E V I N I N G












Everything I had on was vintage LOL

You guys have seen the Lee Vining shirt before. Lee Vining is the town right outside of the pass and overlooks the stunning Mono Basin. You can go in to town to enjoy some modern day luxuries (like take a shower) if you're camping. There's no downtown because IT'S ALL TOWN. I guess this look was inspired by the hippie, free-spirit types that come to the Sierras. I didn't see any fire trucks but I did see this truck...




B O D I E




My uncle took this picture with his camera. It's one of my favorites!








Levi's jacket and courds, shirt from Bodie, and vintage snakeskin boots.

Further north of Lee Vining is the ghost town of Bodie. My swell dad got me this shirt at a giftshop this time around. This outfit is really just something I'd just wear around town while representing my favorite ghost town. I really like the graphic for some reason, I guess because it's very simple and not stupid like most souvenir shirts. Here's a close-up of the graphic...



B I S H O P



Everything I had on was vintage... AGAIN

Bishop is one of the larger towns on the 395. Bishop is known as the "Mule Captial of the World" because of its annual "Bishop Mule Days", which celebrates the contributions of pack mules to the area. My inspiration for this look was all the ranches and cows you see along the way. Close up of the shirt....


I got the shirt at a vintage store in Fullerton.



I'm on the cusp of launching an image blog! Should be up tomorrow! I'll post more pictures from my trip there! Stay tuned! ;)


-Cruz