SCANS FROM (UN)FASHION


Wedding headdress, India


I was gifted the book (un)Fashion by Tibor and Maira Kalman this past Christmas, and I have to say it was probably my favorite present! For a National-Geographic-Style image hunter/addict like myself, this book was a godsend. It's filled to the brim with a collection of inspiring images of people highlighting their styles from all over the world. My favorite thing about this book is the fact that all these people are wearing what they'd be wearing on any normal day; a showcase of pure, innate style. But I'm not posting to review the book, I thought I'd work on scanning the book. In my hunt for scans, I haven't come across any decent scans and figured I'd share mine with you guys. So here's some pictures I found most inspiring from the first few chapters with descriptions the book provided. I highly recommend picking up this book since my scans hardly do the pics justice!


Man with red scarf, Namibia
Woman with pot on her head
Tribesman wearing penis sheath, bigger the sheath, higher the rank, Paupa New Guinea
Charles Manson dress, USA



Spotted man with goggle mask, Indonesia


Two men carrying umbrellas, Mali


Soccer supporter, Nigeria


Two hip cats, Japan & Huli wig man painting face, Papua New Guinea


Mackerel can bracelet, Papua New Guinea


Woman wearing vest with buttons, USA


Kewa woman in mourning, Papua New Guinea


Woman with painted white face, Brranquilla Carnival, Colombia


Woman with jewlery, India


Highlander tribesman wearing yogurt lid through his nose, Papua New Guinea


Masai wearing pineappple can earring, Kenya

-Cruz